Thursday, May 1, 2008

Seven Sisters Roses






Took cutting of my moms Old Fashioned Running Roses " Seven Sisters" last year and I have a field full of Roses in bloom this year, all sizes. They are just beautiful, they are vining roses in various shades of pink to purple pink.



Looked up Seven Sister and it says they are commonly found on old homesteads, that would be the case here


Seven Sisters' is a legendary and famous rose in the Old South, whose flowers of include a range of colors from carmine pink through mauve in a single cluster.
http://www.oldheirloomroses.com/Seven_sisters.htm

4 comments:

Vicki Chrisman said...

OH thanks so much for comming by my blog and giving me a chance to come over here and see your beautiful work! Wow ..stunning photos! GORGEOUS they are!!!
Thank your layouts are wonderful!
Put you into my fav's ..so I'll stop back! Vicki

Jana Eubank said...

Hi Gayle! Thanks for your kind words and for stopping by my blog! I LOVE your work! I really LOVED what you did for the last Colorstory Challenge! STUNNING! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! ;)

Corey said...

Hi Gayle, thanks for your comment on my blog! Yes, I'm still getting used to FL weather- I've only been here for 18 months... I'm in Jax, so probably pretty similar to Lake City. I'm trying to take advantage of these last few "bearable" days!!

Nan said...

I love this hearty rose and your photos are beautiful as usual.....