Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Creative Therapy- Unconditional Love





If you have never participated in the Creative Therapy challenge you should check out their web site.

Their weekly challenge makes you think out side of the creative circle. I am going to try and participate in this challenge weekly and my goal is to work on altered projects as often as possible. Stretching the boundaries.

My project this last week was an altered book and a photo of my daughter and her new husband.

I started by cutting out an opening in thr front of an old book. I measured it off and used and xacto knife to cut thru the front cover. I then cut a decreasing set of frames in side that area.

I layered papers on the front of the book and then sprayed misting inks on the cover. I also added acrylic paints to the cover. Once the paints had dried, I accented the seams with a charcoal pencil. Along the frame edges I painted on crackle medium and let it dry. I then took a charcoal pencil and scribbled over the crackled areas. Next I took my finger and rubbed the charcoal in to the crack and wiped the excess off .

I had alot of fun playing with this weeks challenge. TFL

1 comment:

Lucy Edson said...

So beautiful, Gayle!! I can't wait to see it in person!!

Glad you joined in at CT this week!