Monday, October 5, 2009

Breast Cancer Awareness Month- Free RAK from Amy Tara

A friend emailed me and asked me to help her spread the word that it is Breast Cancer awareness month. Amy Tara has a great RAK ( Random Act Of Kindness/ free stuff) up for grabs that you could win, just for listening to her.

I read her request and support her cause completely. This is something that effects everyone in one way or another. Breast Cancer affects men and women of all ages.

Yesterday my husband is watching football and there is a report about the players wearing pink shoes in support of Breast Cancer Awareness month. While watching the game we notice a few of the player are wearing Pink (Pepto Bismol Pink) shoes on the field in support of the cause. My husband asks " Why do you think the rest are not wearing the pink shoes?" Neither of us could come up with a reason??? What do you think?

A few of the players did have the pink ribbon emblem on their foot ball pants.

This is Amy Tara's blog

I will let you read her story and see her goals for us. I hope that you will get involved.

A brief story about my Mammogram journey.


I have had mammograms for a few years now. Honestly... do not like them, hated my first exam, but they are a part of life that is necessary.

About two years ago I went for my routine exam and about 10 days later I received a call to schedule a second exam. I scheduled the exam and again waited for the results that took another 10 day. I am elated that there were not issues, just scar tissue. I was surprised to find that insurance does not cover the second exam.


This year my mom convinced me to go with her to her doctor. Dr. Arlene M. Weinshelbaum's office schedules the appointment, provides the mammogram and reads the results before you leave her office. You walk away having all of the results and information that you need. I received my results with no issues, but they let my mom know that they needed to take a second scan. I am happy to report shehad the second scaN, waited for the results and there were no issues for her.

Take care of your self!! Schedule your exam today...... and go to the appointment.

Now.... go to Amy Tara's site read her story and everyone wins.



Have a wonderful fall day, this is my favorite time of the year.






1 comment:

Nan said...

Hi Gayle....just wanted to pop by and say hi and it is a wonderful fall day for us!